Tuesday 2 June 2015

Feelings, nothing more than feelings....

Hello you lovely people,

28 days later!! That's a month, right??

Been away for a few days and have been dying to get back to you all. We went up to Dublin at the weekend to visit my sister and her family. My folks were away so we all stayed in their house.

We did lots of fresh air, wholesome things. Walks in the park, visits to the playground, picnics, strolls by the canal (this was actually particularly stressful with trying to prevent two small children from throwing themselves into the water..). It was a lovely weekend but it was fraught too. I got very hangry on one of the days and poor lovely husband and childer bore the brunt. Boo for me.

What I'm finding difficult more than anything is not my cravings for alcohol but is my emotions. I'm feeling so guilty about the kids, my patience levels aren't too high at the moment and I'm finding it really hard to find the energy to connect with them. I do have very low iron stores which is causing tiredness so am addressing that. However, I find that I feel like I had more energy when I was drinking than I have now!! I can get pretty snitty at times too. I was talking to lovely husband last night and he was saying that I'm going through a massive change in my life so things are bound to be all over the place a bit.

I was thinking over the weekend that I might as well start drinking again as I'm not even getting the pay off of feeling all rested and full of energy. But sure, that was just a momentary thing.

I am finding it cool when I'm making plans with people that I don't have to ask myself 'Will I be hungover that day?, can I make those plans without having to break them due to skanky after effects of wine?' So that's nice. To be able to be more available. I also think that alot of the benefits of giving up drink come after a bit of time has passed and some perspective has formed.

So anyway, things to work on - connecting to kiddlesticks and not eating so much sugar!!

Thank you my darlings, allowing me to chat to you!

xxxxxMtts.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mtts, I could have written that post myself! I too have low iron and feel SO tired all the time. I too feel like I wasn't quite this tired when I was drinking. And the no energy thing is so depressing. Almost enough to drive you to drink! But it won't. I'm hoping it is just a stage and that once we ride it out, that lovely pink cloud will be waiting for us. No hangovers is the best thing isn't it?! Congrats on 28 days! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had my pink cloud for an hour a few weeks back ;-) doesn't help when I stay up till midnight most evenings too..I feel like I've been drinking the night before some days so no fair. Still onwards we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same!! I stay up late every watching tv then complain the next day for being so tired!

      Delete
  3. Argh the tv. I'm in bed now but bet it'll be ages before I'm asleep!

    ReplyDelete