Thursday 4 June 2015

Ah running, let me count the ways I love thee

Day 30
Think the pink cloud is back temporarily. Yee haw. Had a good day today again.
Met my bro yesterday who said that I seem changed, that I seem more open and relaxed. Well, that's always good to hear.

Oh and I looked in the mirror in the car today and I was all like 'wooo baby you looks HAWT!' (this is something I hardly ever say to myself, ever.) But I dunno, think I'm not looking too bad these days.

Also I went for a run tonight (people can seriously walk faster than I can run) and I feel really good after that. I heart running for evs.

I did have a moment today though when lovely husband said 'I'm doing to do the 100 days' He's supporting me and is a normal so he really doesn't need to. I said 'well sure you're 30 days down already so only another 60 to go, unlike moi, I can never drink again!!' Well that put the fear of god momentarily in me. Then I just decided 'nope, not going to think about that for now'. It's that kind of limbo stage I think when you haven't gone that long without and drink and you haven't been faced with any major challenges to your sobriety. It's a no-mans- land of remembering how drinking was and not being established enough to really know what long term AF really entails.

Anyhoo people, I'm waffling. Must away now and make rice crispie buns for 30 million children for a birthday party. Gah.

Love you all long time,


xxxxxxxxMtts. 


10 comments:

  1. Hi my time to shine! Have been meaning to post on your blog for a while now. Found you through sober mummy. Just wanted to say love your blog. Thanks for your honesty. Am almost one month AF and very up and down. Sometimes over the moon to not be drinking and other times terrified and traumatised that it might have to be forever. Your blog helps xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have never tried running in my life but it's starting to seep in as a possibility. ...

      Delete
    2. It fucks up my knees and hips and I need physio but man I just love it. I really do. It is such an endorphin release. And I need that!

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much EH. It means so much to me to know that people out there are actually reading what I write. It keeps me going and I feel somehow accountable to you all! Don't try and think about forever. Too freaky and weird. A few days at a time. xx

      Delete
    4. Hi eh I've seen you commenting on a few blogs and you don't seem to have a blog yourself yet you're doing so well!! I can totally relate to the trauma of thinking long term I too had a wobble today as mtts is aware from my blog which you can find at exploringsomethingelse@wordpress.com. great post mtts and I loved your response to how you liked what you saw in the mirror!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to be a runner. Unfortunately I'm not even a walker at present due to sore hips (have no idea what's wrong with them. I had xrays which were normal. Think I will need physio or osteo) I long for that high that people talk about when they've been for a run!
    Congrats on day 30! You are doing so well.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. That must be such a pain not being able to walk even. I hope you get that sorted!

      Delete
  4. I haven't got a blog. I didn't know i could have one but I might look into it. I read an article in the daily mail online (as I was browsing the gossip columns ) about a month ago about 40 ish year old women drinkers and followed the link to soberistas. This has opened up a whole new world of possibilities to me as I was stuck in the rut of too much alcohol (wine) and self loathing. Finding all your blogs has really been life changing and so far giving me enough strength to go AF. I try to not think about forever and think just for today or for this week I won't drink. Apart from a lot of sadness at times and headaches it's been ok. Reading sober mummy's blog has encouraged me to think of being part of the sober revolution and seeing it as a positive thing. It's working so far but am well aware of many tests ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love SM's site. It's so positive and revolutionary! I'll have to get myself a che scarf and really go nuts!

      Delete