Thursday 28 May 2015

Pubbing it

Hello my darlings

Soooo, feeling much better today. Went to the pub last night though. Why? What was I thinking? It was my friend's birthday and I called her during the day to cancel going and that I'd meet her again for coffee. Then I changed my mind and drove down. I actually got really nervous walking in! I don't know why! I had no intention on drinking, had no want on me to either.

We all sat down, I know two of the girls well and had told them the score but the other two I don't know hardly at all. Woo! It was actually pretty boring. Then people started talking about kids and I was like 'I am OUT of here' I felt really uncomfortable for most of the time actually. We did have a nice chat at one stage but after about an hour I felt totally and utterly exhausted and I left. As I was walking out it seemed like every single person in the place was drinking wine. I must have looked crazy as my eyes flicked from table to table, walking past really fast. MENTAL alert!! Pubs are boring when you're not drinking and it's the nighttime. Let me tell you I won't be doing that for awhile again. No way.

It's so weird I just feel like I shouldn't be feeling odd or weird about this, like I have no right too. I mean if I was drinking bottles of whiskey everyday then I'd be a proper alcoholic and I could allow myself to feel all these things I think I shouldn't be feeling. I can't really explain it. 

Today has gone well and we're heading up to the big smoke to see my sister and my niece for the weekend, she's taking Belle's challenge so at least there'll be no booze around. As SM says - If you can go without it when I'm around please do but if not please work away! I'm beginning to think that's pretty much my attitude at the moment too!

Ok my dollfaces, all of you. Keep yourselves safe and sober!

xxMtts


5 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better today. We go out to dinner at the pub. Hubby will have a beer or two and I'll just have a diet coke. It doesn't bother me at all. Not sure how I would go with just a bunch of girlfriends who are all drinking though?! I imagine that would be harder. Well done for leaving early. It's funny how boring an evening can be when you take alcohol out of the mix! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no shoulder, just like there really are no proper alcoholics.

    If you felt like that it's good you noticed it. Pubs are boring. Drinking is boring. It makes people either weepy or rude. What were we all thinking? Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness the poeple I was with only had one or two. My friends, in the most, are pretty lightweight drinkers. I think it was just so weird to be in the pub without a drink!

      Delete
  3. Pubs are boring when you are not drinking. But it also depends on a company. :) However, I am not a huge fan of watching people get wasted. It also gets boring at some point.

    ReplyDelete