Wednesday 1 July 2015

I've missed you all!

Hello you lovely people

I've missed you all! Our laptop (n'er a tablet in sight here) gave up the ghost there for a few days but it's cranked up again so I can blog again, thank god. I was really itching for a good old yap.

So things are going well enough at the moment. We had a lovely weekend, on Saturday we stayed in a hotel with the kids. Highlight for no. 2 was picking up the phone in the room and saying 'knickers' and hanging up. Hilarious I'm sure. We spend the evening all in the same bed, eating chocolate and watching A shark's tale. So super different than if I'd been drinking. We'd have been in the bar till as late as I could get away with and then I'd have hauled my hungover ass out of bed the next day, grumbling and feeling guilty. On Friday the kids had a sleepover so instead of 'going for dinner' (any excuse for a piss up) we went to the beach and I had a swim, then we got chips from the chipper and sat looking out at the sunset. Then we went to to pub. For a COFFEE!! Madness. It was a gorgeous weekend though. I had a few white knuckled moments but all in all it was fine.


I've been in a good few situations where I've felt 'oooh, a glass of wine would be perfect just about now' but then I've actually remembered Jason Vale's thing about how a nice experience is down to the company you're keeping or your mood etc and not down to alcohol. I'm really finding the whole 'play the movie to the end' tool really, really helpful. One glass of lovely wine only ever led to one place for me.

I'm having glimpses of truths about drinking, nothing I can actually concretely grasp but I know there's stuff trying to get out and hopefully I can catch something soon and try and share some actual wisdom with you all!

Hope you are all doing well.

xxxxxxMtts


6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! Was getting worried ;-) Playing it forward is still my strongest support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd like to kiss whoever came up with the idea!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back. I am very happy you are doing great. Wine does not make a perfect moment. People make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Had a lovely time today, with just coffee (my new wine) and red velvet cupcakes (sugar, also my new wine)

      Delete
  3. Yes me too...was also getting worried. Glad your weekend went well and you found different things to do. With the sun coming out (even in Scotland!) I think it's a challenging time for us all X

    ReplyDelete