Friday 24 July 2015

Hello all of you gorgeous amazing people

So has anyone realised how small and tiny and imprisoned their lives were when they were drinking? Before I committed to anything anyone asked me to do I'd have to consider 1.Would there be drink 2.Would I do too hungover to attend 3. Would it be with people where I'd have to watch how much I was drinking?
Eugh. Horrible.
Now I'm free to do what I want, any old time. I've been doing alot of driving this week. It's great to just be able to hop in the car, turn on some music and off I go! On my merry way. (not, drunk merry obvs) Not drinking has been so freeing for me. I think that's one of the main benefits I've seen. That and starting to think I'm actually quite cool. And a tiny bit hot. Sometimes. (total turn around from invisible, sliding into middle age, sad woman)
So we're off on hols tomorrow or Sunday. I'm bringing the laptop so will hopefully be able to log on and see what all of youse are up to. Watch the youtube clip below for an insight into my next two weeks....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFTgkibl7DU

Keep it country my dears. xxxx Mtts. xx


7 comments:

  1. Yes. I still love to go to the grocery store on Friday night.
    There are people there! Who knew!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I suggested to my husband that we go to the gym about 7pm, and he said,"for some reason I was thinking I couldn't go to the gym late...I don't know why." and I said, "yes, because we had to finish up early enough to go home and drink." hahaha! Liberation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I have found it so liberating to not have to think about drinking and making sure that everything else fits around it. Am getting more confident as a non drinker too and was quite the talk of a party I went to last night. I didn't drive cos it was just around the corner so didn't have that excuse. Just had to be honest and say I've stopped. Felt great walking home sober, cup of tea when I got home and up and at 'em this morning. Times like this help build up the strength to keep going when the wine witch appears. Have a great holiday! I ended up with no Internet connection for most of mine but was well in the zone so did it. Ta xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here!
    I can just get up and go places, and not worry about anything!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!! I met my mum and aunties at at a tea room in the city on Saturday. We met at 10.30 in the morning and I was amazed how many people are up and about on a Saturday morning! When I was drinking I would have been very resentful that I had to get up early and would have felt awfully hungover and miserable. Instead, I enjoyed their company and loved the whole vibe of being a part of an exciting Saturday morning. There's a whole new world out there! A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to getting to the stage you are. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete