Saturday 11 July 2015

Checking in

Hello kindly folk,

Not too much to report apart from pre-painters in anger and tiredness. Oh momma am I angry...

Anyway my sister and boyf and their bubba are staying this weekend, which of course, brings it's own stresses and strains, not sure I'm quite ready for visitors yet! I'm quite happy in my little bubble. My sister isn't drinking though but we have an awful habit of annoying eachother. We do try our best though!

 I just wanted to check in as I know blogging does really help and makes me feel like I have a lifeline of folk out there who understand what's going on for me. We're going on hols in a couple of weeks so am a bit nervous about how that's going to pan out, especially as my parents are coming for a week and they like a drink at night. (Ooops, forgot I spoke about this previously!)

We're having very interesting conversations about alcohol lately, it's very weird to be able to be totally open about how I thought about alcohol and how much it consumed my thoughts. I never could admit how I felt about it before in case someone said to me that I had a problem and then I'd have to give up!! The tangled webs we weave for ourselves...

Anyway, hope you're all doing well on this Saturday evening.

Lots of love
Mtts. xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi. Plan to have your own drinks and space on holiday.
    It helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local fancy supermarket will be taking a hit!

      Delete
  2. Good you are checking in!
    Families can be strange triggers even if we get along with them.
    I get stressed out a little bit sometimes, as I don't see them much.
    They live in another state.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this holiday will be a big trigger if your head is not right. Would be a shame to jack it all in on holidays. think i might have mentioned the rachel black book to you before 'sober is the new black'...she gave up just before holidays. the book is great. might help you. Anyways I hope you feel better soon. ours hols were a major challenge!! have a different experience xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way I'm going to drink on holidays. I wouldn't be let and there's too many people I'd be letting down if I did, including myself. How did your hol in Italy go? At least the west coast of Ireland isn't known for its wine production...

      Delete
  4. I was unable to maintain my sobriety earlier this year when we went on holiday. Last week I was able to. But they were totally different environments.
    The book Kats mentioned is great.
    It sounds like you had a stressful weekend. I find too that I get uncomfortable if my little bubble is broken. If there is a break in my routine. Hopefully this week will be better for you.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you were on hols and couldn't maintain your sobriety did the people you were with know that you were trying to stay sober??

      Delete