Saturday 4 July 2015

Cleaning on a Saturday night...

Hello doodles

Day 60!!!

Well, what does cleaning the house at 8.30pm on a Saturday mean to you? To me tonight it meant a desire to get rid of that itchy 'would like a cold, cold glass of white wine' feeling. It's funny, although I have zero want to actually drink it still doesn't stop those feelings from arising.

I was talking alot today with various people about my soberity. I felt strong and liberated and great. Then I got home and I just had a moment of 'what now'. It was 5pm on a lovely Saturday and the most natural thing in the past, would have been to open a bottle of wine. So I got itchy and I started cleaning. I got about 15 minutes in and I knew I needed to call in the big guns. The cleaning wasn't working. I hopped into the car down to Marks & Spencers (fancy food and clothing shop) and bought some nice drinks and crisps and a really fancy relish I'd been looking at for awhile. So that seemed to help!

I also had a great discussion today about an Andrew Marr (historian dude on the telly) documentary we'd watched last night. I was actually able to remember some of the names and dates that were talked about in it! That's a miracle. I love those history programmes but was usually a good bottle of wine down watching them so in one ear and out the other.

So I'm delighted that I'm on day 60 and am seeing the benefits and feeling the liberation that sobriety allows.

I hope you're all doing ok.

Keep on trucking, one foot in front of another people!

xxMtts

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on Day 60! Keep that mind busy....one day at a time! That liberation and freedom is worth fighting for! Hugs 🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SM, if you have a blog can you send me the link to it?? Liberation, that's a great word for how I've been feeling lately!

      Delete
  2. No ills in the world a jar of fancy relish cannot cure. Enjoy your goodies! You earned them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and I hope the relish was as good as you were hoping it would be! I have that thing where I don't want to drink alcohol but I still have the cravings. It's sort of frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird one isn't it? I have no compulsion at all to drink but sometimes I see some people sitting back enjoying some wine and I want what they have!

      Delete
  4. Happy Day 60!!
    Just keep on keeping on.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete