Wednesday 12 August 2015

Sunshine and moonbeams!

Hello my darlings!

Day 99!!

Here I am, I know you were all wondering where I was but I'm back now.

We've just returned from 2 amazing weeks in Clare, on the West coast of Ireland. We were camping. It rained. We had gale force 9 winds. We had sunshine. We had wet and dry. We also had a ball. Probably the best holiday we've had in a long, long time.

And...I didn't drink! I'm amazing! There were moments where it was difficult but there were none whre I actually really felt like having a drink. The kids stayed up late, where they would be usually put away as early as possible so as not to interfere with drinking time. We were never rushing back from the beach so as I could start on my bottle for the day. We didn't have to stop in a pub along the way so I could enjoy my holiday with some wine. We didn't have to be anywhere or do anything at any given time. It was bliss.
We reconnected with each other and with our lives and how we want to live them. I feel nothing is impossible. I feel I can do whatever I put my mind to. I'm so, so happy that I no longer drink alcohol. Life is so much more interesting and open and most of all FREE now that I don't drink. I can't explain it. I no longer have to worry about when to start drinking, when to stop, how much to drink, how to drink as much as I can without anyone judging me or telling me to stop. I can still remember that feeling of after the first few sips of a glass of wine, that horrible feeling of knowing that I had to finish to the end what I'd started and how I didn't really feel like I had a choice to stop.

Anyway people, it's so lovely to be back. I've been reading your blogs while I was away. I'm following you Sober mummy with great interest as you're on your hols too and so many of your blogs are summing up exactly how I'm feeling too.

Keep on keeping on my dears. Or as SM says, bring on the woop!

xxxxMtts.

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We've missed you! Sounds like you've been Wooping too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post. Amazing vacation. You are amazing. The sound of your voice in this post is happy and relaxed at the same time. Way to go, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. I'm so glad to see you back. I thought of you often on your hiatus! You are an inspiration to me. A true warrior.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Sound like you had an amazing holiday! Well done you! 99 days is awesome. I am so proud of you. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sober camping-- what a concept! Haven't sober-camped yet, but hoping to soon. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done, sounds great. at least weather picked up now at last : ) was wondering how you were getting on, brill it worked so well. you're right its so much more relaxing being in control and FREE! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay well done on staying sober on holiday. What a difference it makes. I ended up outside playing with the kids at 10 pm at night rather than asleep and drunk on the sofa. Great to read your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be really proud of your breakthrough, as you’ve reached a level where you have been more or less shedding off drinking as a compulsion. That is hard enough to do in and of itself; the next one is just keeping it consistent. But I'm sure that you'll be able to pull that off as well. Good luck!

    Sabra Hoffmann @ Stark Behavioral Health

    ReplyDelete