Thursday 13 August 2015

Day 100!

Hello dolls

Day 100!!!

I'm not counting really, the days since I last had a drink but day 100 is a special one isn't it?

And the best thing is that now to celebrate I get jewellery! No more cheap bottles of vino tinto for this sober momma. No way! I got a gorgeous Alex and Ani braclet from amazing husband. I sent him yesterday's blog post when he asked me how I was feeling about being sober for over 3 months. So when he was choosing the bangle on the bracelet he chose the skeleton key for me. This is the symbol for power, choice and liberation. Yes, it's true he rocks. He's a thoughful, supportive man who opted in for the 100 day challenge to support me.
I love being powerful, liberated and all through my own choosing.

We have to break the news to his folks that I've given up as they're coming from the UK next week. His dad loved that I liked a drink and we'd often have tasting evenings so I don't know how he's going to take it. I know they'll be really supportive but I can't help but think he'll be a little bit sad!

Of course, I have to thank all of you who read and comment on this blog. All of you who encourage and support and can empathize with me as we go through our various different journeys. Thank you so much for reading and writing and just giving a fuck in general. It's crazy that we've never met and don't really know each other. It's crazy that I think about you if you haven't posted in a few days and hope you're doing ok....Thank you all for helping me through this first 100 days.

Let's raise our glasses to the next 100!

Lots of love
xxxxMtts.

16 comments:

  1. SOOO many congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a mill WB. I see you're not far behind me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Go you! Huge congrats! You've done the hard bit - now it really is your time to shine 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you!!
    Happy 100 Days!!
    xo
    Wendy
    PS- Happy you have support from hubs! I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of days! I celebrated day 73 with a trip to Costco! Nope, that does not sound as sexy as buying jewelry. Oh well, happy 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! A trip to the shops just for me is always a treat..well done!

      Delete
  7. well done. love your blog. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you! Am right behind you and it's great to know that I will still be sober on day 100. I think that's a big change! For the first few weeks nothing was certain and I never really believed I could do this. Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EH.. How are you doing? Any more thoughts on your own blog??

      Delete
    2. Maybe once I get the squids back to school..... and my tiny one starts nursery soon....

      Delete
  9. OMG OMG 100 days! I want to hug you and to kiss you. You are my inspiration. I am so fucking proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you .... that's amazing, your husband is amazing too .... He British right lol seriously ... you've done so brilliantly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's m your responsibility to make everyone else happy. Tell your dad you quit drinking for you. To improve your life. And that it has. He will respect your change.

    ReplyDelete