Sunday 24 May 2015

Freedom!!

Hello lovely people,

Well I think I'm getting it, this whole sober buzz. I had a fantastic day yesterday, I met my brother and sis-in-law on the beach and went for a (bloody) freezing swim, spent a few hours on the (freezing) beach watching my bro and the kids constructing dams, then coffee and cake and then a bbq. The best thing about the whole day was that I felt so FREE! I wasn't planning the day around the first drink (maybe stop off for a pint, then bottle of wine for bbq), I didn't get pissed and messy. Lovely husband didn't worry when would we leave and how would he have to get me out.

Ahh it was so so nice. We had a celebratory drink (grape and elderflower fizz) for the yes vote passing the same sex marriage bill. Yay! I had a good chat with the bro about giving up, he was delighted. Apparently he'd be trying to find a way to bring up that he was a bit worried about my drinking. I think he was relieved that he didn't have to now. I was a bit shocked that he felt like that, I didn't think it was that obvious, or bad (whatever that means).

I'm feeling calm and relaxed this weekend (won't last I know...) and really happy with my decision.

In other good news the Jason Vale book is making a bit more sense to me. I'm going to get my high lighther pen out to mark sentences that I like!


Anyhoo peeps, my popcorn awaits to be popped and hot chocolate to be drank.

Keep it sober my darlings.

xx
Mtts.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Mtts. Enjoy this feeling while it lasts. It's great you have family support. Bring on the new week! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you truly enjoyed your day. Support and encouragement matters a lot, especially during the first days. I am on day # 22 and even with the support, it is still so hard.
    Happy to find your blog. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Time, I was reading your blog today, it's great and so honest. It's just what people need to hear. Chin up! x

      Delete