Wednesday 25 November 2015

Running on chips

Hmm here's me trying to blog more often!! Not very successfully but I'm here now. It's been an odd few weeks. Lots of stress regarding our potential move into the boons (we haven't even found a house..) and worry about commutes and money and trying to buy our first house and set up a business at the same time. My husband really got stressed about it and his doc signed him off work for a week. Which was great as it really enabled him to have some space and be proactive and do some stuff about how he was feeling. It's funny, he was going back and forth about taking the week off - if it was his physical body that was sick he'd have had no problem being signed off and taking the week. However, because it was his 'mind' he felt like he shouldn't. Isn't that funny? That's how alot of us treat our mental health - not really something to be looked after or tended to and just to be dealt with when we're really up against the shit.

I'm running. Alot. (3 times a week is alot for me) It's my new bottle of wine. Stressed? Angry? Sad? Bloated? - Go for a run!! Woo hoo! It's my new endorphin of choice! I've also hit my target weight today in slimming world and am down 1 stone and 6.5 lbs since last February. I celebrated by eating a scone, then chips and a burger from the chipper later. Classy bird that I am.

Christmas festiveties are kicking in and that should be interesting..I'm definitely having some wine cravings. Sometimes I feel my whole body is tense from it! But 6 months and 200 days later I know this passes. Thank god. I have days where I'm cross and tired and pissed off. But that's normal I guess.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. You've all been on my mind, it's just been so busy. I hope you're doing well. Let's make sure we're there for eachother in December! Sorry for all the typos and crappy writing. Tired and lazy tonight..

XXXXXX Mtts. xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mtts, you are doing so well. Good luck with the move. Hope your hubby is ok. I am back, currently on day 4. Nervous about the coming festivities but hoping to stay strong. A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MTTS!
      So glad you are running!
      Tomorrow is our thanksgiving, so I'll be walking on pie!!
      It's the start of the drinking season.
      Hugs!
      And I'll be here!!
      xo
      Wendy

      Delete
  2. You are doing so great. I am almost jealous. :) I hope your husband is ok. Sounds like a lot of stress. Running always messes up my knees. I take walking anytime though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you!
    Yes, cravings pass. Always.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done mtts! I think six months is the watershed - you've made it to the other side! Now it gets easier! Big hugs to the new, skinny you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to start running!!! Did you run before or is it a new thing? I'm so unfit but have also lost weight so think exercise is the next step. Yes think December could be tough. Have already offered to drive parents on Christmas day but the rest of the time..... will be hard x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi EH, I ran on and off for a long time but the most I ever did was 10 miles (back in the day). If you follow any couch to 5k plan it's very doable. You start off really slow. Go for it, not only is it good physically but it's my mental medicine too!

    ReplyDelete