Saturday 14 November 2015

Real life.

I was going to post about feeling good at the moment. I'm feeling the richness of a life that sobriety brings. Being able to carry the can when those around you can't or are sick or distracted. Being able to be strong and capable. And not even minding when you have to be on 24 hours in the day...About connecting with those close to you in ways that you couldn't do when drunk or hungover. Of the freedom of the worry and the horrible chat in your head about what drinking is doing to you....

But I can't stop thinking about yesterday day's events in Paris. What an horrific event. One minute people are enjoying their nice evening out, having a few drinks, something to eat, checking out some music....next minute complete madness and horror...I can imagine myself at that gig, having a great time and loving the music and then suddenly confusion and terror. It's times like this when we look around ourselves and really appreciate what we have in our lives.How spending our time drunk or hungover is such a waste. Writing off half of our lives in an altered state, not connecting with ourselves or those around us. Planning our days and evenings where the next drink is coming from and how we're going to make it look like we're not planning our days and evenings planning where our next drink is coming from. Being ruled by this substance that takes away your confidence, your ability, your strength and finally your self.

So I'm spending today with my kids and husband, and the cat and dog. And I'm appreciating them and making sure that I know that this is real life. This is it. And the best thing I can do is live it to it's fullest, not to let anything get in the way of that.

I hope you are all ok and my love to all of you and to all of Paris.


xxxxxMtts. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear MTTS,
    Real life today is in the car traveling home after helping hub's dad.
    Talking with hub's feelings, listening and holding hands.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sometimes we just need a reminder of what's important. I am also starting to feel more sure and positive about an af life being the right thing for me. We only get one shot and i don't want to waste it. I sometimes feel the pressure to do more, be better, try new things, etc etc but maybe it's really just about getting on with things as best we can. Its like being a 'gem' type of mum - a good enough mum! That'll do x

    ReplyDelete