Sunday 10 January 2016

Sober thoughts

Hello all my darlings

How are you all doing? Things are going well here. I'm 8 months down now, that's give or take 250 days, which is a count I never, ever thought I'd be doing. It's pretty amazing. What I've realised is that giving up alcohol isn't an all singing and dancing panacea for life. I still feel happy and sad and depressed and pissed off and all those things that I felt when I was drinking. But it's different now. It's more steady, it's not the depths of despair and then heights of elation.

And it's deeper. There is a massive hidden depth that people who drink alot miss. They aren't able to give themselves the time to really be them. They are dictated by hangover, drunkeness and cravings. When we become sober we are really able to look at life and try and work out what it means to us. As tipsy no more said on a recent post 'we are not born to drink and die'. We are given this life for whatever reason (or none) and it has the ability to be rich and fulfilling but how can we let it be if we are consumed by alcohol? How can we see the reality put in front of us if we're pissed? How can we ever achieve our heart's goal when we can't even see or feel our heart?

No being sober doesn't make things all better, sometimes you have to deal with a situation where you'd have otherwise taken the instant and temporary relief of a drink. Being sober is raw and real and it's authentic. It's worthwhile and it rocks like a mother.

In other news I'm feeling kinda guilty for not blogging more (always with the guilt ladies and gentlemen) and for not connecting with you guys more. I promise I'm going to try my best to be more active online. It makes the while sober thing more special and more important when I feel like I'm part of a gang!!

Talk to you all soon and hope you're all going easy on yourselves!

xxxMtts

2 comments:

  1. 8 months in for me (Day 260!). I am so thankful to be feeling the feelings! It does rock like a mother. ☺

    ReplyDelete