Sunday 27 December 2015

A Christmas miracle!

Hello my darlings,

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I had a sober one! A Christmas miracle performed by moi! What a revelation, Christmas sober is a million times nicer. Really it is. About two weeks from the big day I had a wobble for about a week. I was looking through the windows of bars with all the twinkling lights and the groups of people filled with cheer. I was frustrated that I couldn't be in there, sitting at the bar, drinking red wine. Then I remembered, remembered what it was really like. Yeuch. Horrible and hungover and remorseful and just shite. It's been so much less fraught and cross and snappy without alcohol. Not saying it's been perfect but it's been a hell of alot better than it would have been with booze.

After that I was fine. I know I can't drink again. I know it's not good for me or for those around me. I've realised how much better my relationships with those close to me are. Lovely husband is just delighted that I'm sober. He's been so great and hasn't drank either. I have eaten my weight in chocolate though and have put on 4 lbs!! Slimming world is out the window, which I'm feeling guilty about. I notice that I wake up feeling bad for eating and promising that I won't do it again but by the time I'm up I'm thinking it wasn't that bad....it's Christmas after all. Sound familiar??? Wish I could just eat what I want and not feel guilty thought. I'm not drinking after all!

My saviour has been sparkling water I have to say. I just LOVE it!! I drink alot of the stuff and it's my fancy treat to myself. That and a fab recipe I found for a warm spiced apple drink, here's the recipe http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6299/hot-spiced-apple-punch.aspx
Yum..feel free to share your go to tipple!

So my darlings, it's full steam ahead and a pat on the back for myself!

Lots of love to you all.
xxxMtts

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Merry Xmas and huge congrats! Great to read you sounding so cheerful again! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well done you. You sound so happy and positive! felt quite mixed about it all. Didn't drink or want to really but felt I was being a bit boring. Sure i wasn't but it was all very calm and sedate. But it was nice to last all day and evening on both days and not pass out on sofa. New year next but not so worried about that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice, let the,food go for a while. Find a few treats you like and enjoy them.

    Slowly start asking yourself if you are actually hungry, or if you are eating mindlessly.
    It's ok. Either way, it's just information.

    I off find if I have some vague plan for my meals I eat more real food and less treats. But I like treats and enjoy them.

    Hugs. Great job!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MTTS,
    So happy Christmas went well for you!
    It was much easier this year for me, that's for sure.
    I have been eating candy, and now it's making me sick, so I don't want it anymore!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, it's awesome, isn't it! I find that I do indulge in food treats now that there's no booze, but for me, it's great to let go of an obsession with "saving" calories for wine. Happy Sober New Year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas miracle for you. And one for me. I made is sober as well. Had to battle a few cravings but managed. I won!
    You sound happy. And cheery. Thank you for your support, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is your time to shine and your as shiny as the shiniest ornament on the tree! Feels good doesn't it. And so deserved. Let's make a pact to eat all the sweets we want until New Years, we'll face that battle on January 1.

    ReplyDelete