Wednesday 8 June 2016

Catching up

Hi guys

I'm feeling terrible that I'm so crap about writing here so little! I wish I was one of those people who blogged at least once a week. Maybe though I shouldn't be giving out to myself and just accepting that that's who I am?! Anyway, I love logging in and seeing you're still all here, like a club you can come back to at any time!

I've had a lot of lovely summer stuff happening. We went to Lanzarote for a week awhile back. There is NO way I could have handled that last year without booze. This year, yeah, I missed it now and again but we had such a lovely time that I didn't miss it. I hate flying and did get out of it on zanex but you gotta do etc. The holiday was so relaxing, no fitting the days around booze, no planning on where the next drink would be. Got up and did some runs, swam in the pool and the sea. Was just great. We also just had a camping weekend with a big gang of family and friends. We sat around the campfire at night and I didn't even really notice I wasn't drinking. Amazing! I am definately noticing that I'm more relaxed and at ease with myself and the people around me. Which is win win for everyone!

I'm in the middle or organising a big 'street feast' for our whole estate, about 100 people are coming so that'll keep me busy for the weekend.

I really hope you're all doing well, if not that you're using this fantastic online support community to help and to lean on.

I do think of you all.

lots of love

xxxMtts

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Mtts! It's so great you are still sober and enjoying holidays without the booze. Don't stress about how much you blog. You blog for you and you will blog when it's right for you. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to read your update. Unlike Angie I selfishly would like you to post more, just so I can read it 😊 Well done on the sober holiday, the real test of will. Glad all is well in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its just a sign that you need it less so it's a good thing really. I love reading the blogs still but do it less and less. Partly cos I don't have add much time but also cos I'm not as obsessed as I was when I first quit. I've stopped noticing my not drinking at times too and I never want to go back to that. However I still have thoughts of the odd one or two. So far is just thoughts and I'm still convinced that the many benefits outweigh the odd temptation! Lovely to hear from you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MTTS!
    So happy to hear you are doing well!
    Also important for me to read how you are doing so well around many people while they are drinking, and you are not!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete